Motohiko Odani's Stunning Sculptures

Motohiko Odani's Stunning Sculptures 1Japanese artist Motohiko Odani (Biography) makes gloriously Amazing Sculptures. I can’t quite figure out what material he uses.

This unicorn sculpture lies at the center of an exhibit of his work called “Phantom Limb” at the Mori Amazing Art Museum in Tokyo. This Is Colossal has other photos from the show.

His unique style has won this artist acclaim both in Japan and abroad, and in 2003 he was selected as one of the artists to represent Japan at the Venice Biennale.

"Right now I have this strong Futurist interest in how to capture the concepts of movement and transformation, dynamism and speed in sculpture,"

Motohiko Odani Said...

I can really relate to Boccioni's assertion that modern sculpture was a 'dead art', and his concern with regenerating it. Although in my case we're talking about taking a fresh look at the history of sculpture in Japan. I'm not sure if calling it slow to evolve is quite the right phrase, but I do sense a lack of historical continuity and attempts at comparison. I'd like to head somewhere different to that, in the shortest possible distance.



Motohiko Odani's Stunning Sculptures 1
Motohiko Odani's Stunning Sculptures 2
Motohiko Odani's Stunning Sculptures 3
Motohiko Odani's Stunning Sculptures 4
Motohiko Odani's Stunning Sculptures 5

Source